Blockchain Technology and its Potential Applications
Blockchain Technology, Blockchain Applications
Blockchain is an emerging platform for developing decentralized applications and data storage, over and beyond its role as a platform for cryptocurrencies. The basic tenet of this platform is that it allows one to create a distributed and replicated ledger of events, transactions, and data generated through various IT processes with strong cryptographic guarantees of tamper resistance, immutability, and verifiability. Public blockchain platforms allow us to guarantee these properties with overwhelming probabilities even when untrusted users are participants of distributed applications. Even though blockchain technology has become popularly known because of its use in the implementation of Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc., the blockchain platform holds much more promise in various areas such as time stamping, logging of important events in a system, recording transactions, e-governance etc. Many researchers are working on many such use cases such as Key Distribution, registry maintenance, health record management, decentralized authentication, decentralized DNS, etc.
To create awareness and interest in this technology among students, and researchers; trained manpower in this field is a growing necessity. This workshop invites students, academicians and industry researchers to share innovative research work, projects, and their knowledge base in this burgeoning field of technology. The main purpose of this workshop is to
● Disseminate Blockchain knowledge among researchers and academicians.
● Discuss the current status of blockchain development and research across the world.
●Bring together researchers to present their 'work in progress' on blockchain and receive expert comments on such work in progress, and facilitate discussion platform wherein the researchers, collaborate for better technological solutions.
● Debate applications of blockchain in various domains.
● Analyse and evaluate the current status of blockchain technology and its maturity.
The scope of the workshop is divided into two categories: one is topics related to Blockchain Technology, and Second relates applications of blockchain technology. The broad categories are listed below, but not confined to only these.
Part A: Blockchain Technology
● Blockchain architecture
● Blockchain smart contracts
● Blockchain adoption
● Blockchain standards
● Blockchain as a Service (BaaS)
● Blockchain security
● Blockchain consensus algorithms
● Blockchain foundations
● Blockchain new design
● Blockchain privacy
● Blockchain scalability
● Hyperledger, Ethereum
● Permission less, Permissioned blockchains
● Decentralized Application
● Smart contracts
Part B: Applications of Blockchain
Insurance, Payments, Cryptocurrencies, Energy, Knowing Your Customer’ (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Trade Finance, Healthcare, Music, Real Estate, Government, Banking, Supply chain, Retail, Consumer Products, Transportation, Automotive, Digital identity management, Cross-border payments, Genomics, precision medicine, Assets management etc.
Any area which could be benefitted by Blockchain technology.
Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2020
Author Notification: July 31, 2020
Final Manuscript Due: September 02, 2020
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference website (https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27506&track=102718 ) with PDF format. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 6 pages in IEEE Computer Society proceedings format (or up to 8 pages with the pages over length charge), including tables, figures, references and appendices. Papers will be selected based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation assessed by at least three reviewers. All submitted papers will be judged through double-blind reviews, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. As an author, you are required to preserve the anonymity of your submission, while at the same time allowing the reader to fully grasp the context of related past work, including your own. Papers that do not conform to our double-blind submission policies will be rejected without review.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work. BlockCybersec reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from the digital library and indexing services), if the paper is not presented at the conference. All accepted papers will be published in IEEE CPS proceedings (EI Indexed) and collected by IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
● Prof. Annappa, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, India (email@example.com)
● Dr. Likewin Thomas, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, PES Institute of Technology and Management, Shivamogga, India (firstname.lastname@example.org)
● Dr. Manoj Kumar M V, Department of Information Science and Engineering, Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India (email@example.com)
Program Committee Members
● Dr. D Ramesh, IIT Dhanbad, India
● Dr. Sathish P, IIT Roorkee, India
● Dr. Ajay Kumar, Pennsylvania State University, USA
● Dr. Shivadarshan, NMIT, India
● Dr. Pushparaj Shetty. NITK Surathkal, India
● Dr. Madhu, NIT Calicut, India
● Dr. Anand Kumar, NITK Surathkal, India
● Dr. Damodar Reddy Edla, NIT Goa, India
● Dr. Druga Prasad Mohapatra, NIT Durgapur, India
● Dr Vinaykumar R, University of Cincinatti, India
● Dr. Prafulla K Behera, Utkal University, India
● Dr. Siba Kumar Udgata, University of Hyderabad, India
● Dr. Kavita Singh, YCCE Nagpur, India
● Dr. Kavita Asnani, GEC Goa, India
● Dr. D. H. Manjaiah, Mangalore University, India
● Dr. Binod Kumar P, SOA University, India
● Dr. Manas Ranjan Patra, Berhampur University, India
● Dr. Manjunath K N, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India
● Dr. Sumith N, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India